Monday, May 26, 2014

Atapuerca to Burgos

5/26
Start: Atapuerca
End: Burgos
Distance: 21.03km

1. Some days are just rough. Physically I feel fine, mentally not so much. I'm not feeling so hot. I don't think I'm sick but it's just one of those days you just want to lay around and do nothing for me. Luckily it's an easier day. 

2. The first week is the physical challenge, the second week is the mental challenge. I feel like I have my Camino legs. The distance doesn't bother my body, but towards the end of the day, it gets rough

3. Some lady helped me. She saw me sit down to rest and started talking to me. I guess I was about a kilometer away and she was encouraging me to keep going. She went out of her way and walked me there. Unfortunately, she was leading me to the wrong albergue and we both finally found it and had a good laugh about it. The extra 2 km was nothing to worry about. It was fun talking to her and she helped me get through the last km

4. Burgos cathedral. Saw it today. It was massive. El Cid is buried there too. It was cool to see. I've got pictures which will go up when I'm in the States but it's similar to any other large cathedral. It was nice to see but it makes the day different because we went to see Burgos instead of chilling around which may show tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment