Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Starting the Camino

It's weird to be back here in Spain. As I was flying it, I came to the realization that I'm not coming as a temporary resident, instead as a tourist. Regardless, it's great to be back and I'm enjoying every minute. It has taken a bit to get used to the keyboard again, but lo que sea.

I will be starting the Camino tomorrow morning, the 15th from St. Jean Pied de Pont. I've spent the last day and a half in Pamplona getting ready, i.e. sleeping more than I should and picking up random odds and ends. Unfortunately, it's extremely windy here and I didn't account for that and had to pick up a jacket.

I've met many pilgrims passing through so far and a few that will be starting in a few days as well. It's becoming more and more surreal and crazy that I will be starting tomorrow. I am definitely worried about the mountains, the Pyrennes, that I have to cross. From what I have heard, this actually becomes a two day adventure. This may be the case for me but we shall see. I'm going to let my body decide that.

I don't have much else in regards to updates or blogging, I'm just ready to go and killing time before my bus to take me to St. Jean. I don't know what the internet situation will be once I start so I don't know when I'lll update next.

No comments:

Post a Comment