Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 15

5/27
Start: Itergo de Vega
End: Corríon de Condes
Distance: 37.5 km

1. Coming together

It's awesome to see the camaraderie after a long day of walking. Everyones in a cheerful mood lounging around, doing laundry or cooking and eating. No ones a stranger here and everyone is welcome to our space, food, wine, and company. Language doesn't matter. 

2. Seeing the new and the old

Since you get place to place via your feet or bike, it's very easy to meet new people, either a slower or faster pace, and seeing the same people. We've pushed ahead and lost a few daily people and others have done the same with us. 

It's great to see new people and spice it up a bit. However, at the same time it's great to see people you expected not to see again.

3. Meal in Hontanas

Speaking of that, I dont remember if I talked about it, but the meal two nights ago was awesome. Great food and great company. It was us 3 Americans and 3 Brazilians. It was a mix of Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese that was spoken.

But, since we went slower yesterday I wasn't sure if we would see them again but sure enough we ran into them today.

4. No camera 

I've not used it while walking the last two days and it's been a blessing and a curse. I've missed out on cool photos but still I've enjoyed not taking them.

5. 37.5 km....

At least 4660 calories were burned. Absolutely ridiculous. I do not want to walk that much again. It was easier than the 40 km but still difficult especially with an upset stomach. But I'm here I'm able and feeling good. That's all that matters

6. New blisters

Ive got four, not ideal but they're not painful yet. We will see what they look like in the morning and deal with them accordingly.

7. Duct tape

If it can fix the space station, it'll work on the Camino. I've got tape all over my boots right now and a friend is using it as prevention for blisters. Duct tape does wonders

No comments:

Post a Comment